All businesses must submit an application to conduct business in the Town of La Conner. Renewal applications are mailed at the end of each year.
- Download Business License Application (PDF)
- Download Cabaret License Application (PDF)
- Download Peddler's License for Open-Air Vending Application (PDF)
- Home Occupation License (PDF)
- Town of La Conner Peddler's License (PDF)
Business license applications and renewal applications, with applicable fees, must be submitted by January 31st of each year. Annual business license fees are:
Class 1: $228
- Apartment houses
- Grocery stores over 2,000 square feet
- Hotels or motels with 5 or more rental units
- Manufacturing and businesses employing 15 or more full/part time employees
- Recreational vehicle parks
Class 2: $128 for professional businesses including:
- Auto and Boat repair
- Boat sales
- Charter services
- Commercial rental activities
- Food sales
- Lumber yards
- Manufacturing with less than 15 full-time or part-time employees.
- Medical or Dental
- Petroleum sales
Class 3: $75
Class 3 licenses are for all other businesses. This includes businesses and individuals located outside the town limits but engaged in sales or services within the Town.
Class 4: $25
Class 4 licenses are for each cosmetology booth renter.
Peddler's License: $10
Peddler's licenses are issued and priced per day, per person.
Special Note Regarding Business Licenses
A 10% delinquency charge will be added for each month the business license application and/or the fee are late. If you commence business after July 1st, the applicable fee will be prorated by 50%.
Other License Types
If you own a dog and are a resident of La Conner, you are required to purchase a dog license every year.
Our dog license fees are:
- Neutered or Spayed - $5
- Non-Neutered or Non-Spayed - $15
La Conner requires all dogs to be on a leash. If your dog is found at large or with no tags, you will be fined $10 for the first offense, $20 for the second offense and $30 for the third offense.
There is a senior rate for dog licensing. Seniors 65 years of age or older pay half the fees listed.